2007 Credit First thoughts
1. (a) Need to know the gas tests. Get rid of wrong answers
(b) Need to know the gas tests. Get rid of wrong ones.
Unlikely to be same answer for both questions.
2. (a) SLOWEST - using metal, temperature, particle size and concentration.
Start with metal.
(b) Temperature can change rest must stay the same.
3. (a) Tar - solid or gas ?
(b) Lowest must be one of the extremes - so A or E.
4. Write the molecular formulae in each box.
(a) Which is butene - carbons from page 6.
(b) TWO parts - general formula and not react with hydrogen.
5.(a) moLOWcules and conductivity
(b) Melts before 25oC and conductivity.
6. (a) Must make an acid.
(b) Acid must be a reactant.
What are oxidised on page 7
7. Need to know about electrons, protons and neutrons.
TWO of these statements will be true. Notice BOTH!
8. Reactants are acid and oxide.
TWO of these statements will be true
9. Metals - use page 7.
10. (a) What are the masses of the isotopes?
(b) Watch it is an ion.
(c) (i) Copy out the equation and do working below it.
(ii) Metals - page 7.
11. Write out molecular formula for each molecule.
(a) Given one, two and three carbons as an example.
(b) (i) Find number of carbons first.
(ii) How many carbons in pentanoic acid?
12. (a) Label the axes (using words in table) and create axes so that over
half of graph paper is used..
(b) Put mark on graph and read off.
(c) SOD !
13.. Looks complex but is straight forward.. read example carefully
(a) Looking for Hsu
(b) catalyst for sugars.
14. (a) 50% chance.
(b) (i) Zzzinc
(ii) Two metals - page 7 of data book
15. (a) match diagram to electron arrangement of chlorine.
(b) Again look at electron arrangement
16. Write out molecular formula of the molecules.
(a)(i) Use words and diagram to get a word equation.
(ii) Experiment is a little bit hotter.
(b) (i) Look at the reactants.
(ii) You have never heard of these before so look at the formula.
(iii) Separating a mixture.
17. (a) look at the formula.
(b) Again look at the folrula for gibbsite in the table.
(c) Mass - so find mass of 1 mole.
(d) Write it in words first.
(e) Page 7 for metals.
18. (a) 'Thermo' to do with heat.
(b) The equation and words tell ou what was formed.
19. (a) Must be mentioned in table.
(b) Write down both ions.
(c) (i) What ions are present in copper(II) chromate?
(iii) Ions causing a problem - try page 5
20. Circle the figures in the question.
(a) Using cm3 and mol/l find a third figure.
(b) (i) If you have no answer from part (a) put the figure 5 in as an answer then use it.
Match it into the equation.
(ii) If you have no answer from part (bi)) put the figure 5 in as an answer then use it.
Mass means that you usually need mass of 1 mole.